Monday, June 30, 2014

Benefit Pop-Up - Gabbi's Head

At the weekend a friend from Uni popped down to London and we indulged in some Hen antics which included a visit to Blow in Covent Garden, sipping Champagne in Selfridges and hunting down lingerie. During my research of fun bits and pieces to do, I discovered that Benefit had a BenePub which is situated on top of the Prince of Wales in Drury Lane and thought this sounded like to perfect place for some girly fun.
The concept is that it's a safe haven for world cup widows and lovers of all things pink as the walls, bar, the toilets and even the seating are bright pink! If you wanted to bring your man, I am happy to confirm that the Gabbi's Head is dude friendly, both Ad and my friend's husband to be were warmly welcomed by the ladies.
There's an exclusive selection of specially created pink Benefit Cocktails including a Benetini which only cost £15 for two, there's a picture below.
In the interests of ensuring I sampled as much as possible, I also tried the Rasp-Bene Mojito which was delicious with a lovely pop of pomegranate and came served in a jam jar.
If cocktails aren't your thing, then how about indulging in a treatment or two while you're here, yup, you read right, you can even get treatments while the football is on! While we were there, a lucky lady was having her eye-brows expertly waxed.
Waxing not your bag? Then how about a free make-over or even a chance to try a product or two? Oh yes, this BenePub is Benefit galore with a lovely team (in special Benefit Football shirts - I want!) who are more than happy to help with your make-up needs.
The counter is certainly well stocked with bits and pieces and, in the event you fall in love, the cupboards are full of Benefit make-up treats which you can buy to take home. In keeping with the pink theme, even the drawers and dressing table are pink! 
If make-up isn't your thing, then how about some skincare to wet your appetite? How about getting your mitts on the best selling pore-fessional? Seriously, all of your Benefit needs are catered for at the Gabbi's head and it really is a wonderfully chilled atmosphere. 
During my time here I also spotted a pink football table, a pink dartboard, a giant Connect Four, Jenga and lots of sweet jars dotted around with boiled sweets to indulge any sugar cravings (much better than your usual free bar snacks!).
It just so happened that while we were there, it was Bingo night with all of the proceeds from the sale of the tickets going to charity and amazing Benefit goodies up for grabs. I myself am not a fan of your usual bingo, but this was Rock 'n' Roll style meaning you crossed off the songs for prizes. Despite some initial resistance, we dragged the boys in to help.
I was rather jammy and won one of the new Beauty Scores kits for my sins! Ad and I shared a card and he almost jumped off his seat when we won, much to the amusement of the other ladies, I think he may have been more excited than me! There's lots of goodies in here I'm quite excited to try and I think this was a fabulous prize! As an added bonus one card had the potential to win two prizes, one prize for a horizontal line and another for a full house.
I also mentioned to the manager that I was here with my friend on a mini-hen and much to my surprise she proceeded to bring out an entire bottle of Pink Champagne and some mini pouches stuffed with lots of Benefit minis to try!
It was a wonderfully generous gesture and really made the evening that much more special! I was really really chuffed and incredibly tipsy.
I had only expected to stay for a cocktail or two but we were here from about 6:30 until 10:30 just enjoying the company and having a good old giggle.

The Gabbi's Head will be at the Prince of Wales until the World Cup is over (fingers crossed it stays for longer, it really is wonderful) so I'd recommend heading down there ASAP. You don't need to book, entry is free and it's open from 12pm till 12am every single day.

Have you been to the Gabbi's Head? What did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)