Saturday, May 10, 2014

O.P.I - Diva of Geneva - A Review

Regular readers of my blog will know I'm a sucker for an O.P.I polish. For me, these are one of the best, quick drying and pretty hard wearing. I'd recently stumbled across this colour whilst randomly perusing one of my local beauty haunts.
This colour is pretty difficult to a) describe and b) capture well on camera. Whilst the initial shade in the bottle is a light plum based purple, in certain lights it has a golden glisten to it which you can almost see peeking through to the right of my picture.
Again, you can see the gold shimmer in the picture here. I've read on the net that the golden-ness can dissipate slightly over time so always ensure that you give the bottle a really good shake before cracking on with your manicure so everything is well mixed.
I don't think I managed to capture the shimmer in this picture, but you certainly get the full colour intensity of the purple. I loved this shade as it's something pretty unique in my collection, I've not spotted anything like this colour before, but perhaps I just wasn't looking. Using a base coat and top coat I managed to get 4 full days of wear before the colour started chipping. As I write this, I'm on day 6 of wear and we're now at the point where I need to remove the polish as it's looking pretty scruffy, two fingers in particular have suffered some major damage!

Have you spotted any shades like this on the High Street? What do you think of the Diva of Geneva?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)