Saturday, January 25, 2014

Rodial Stem Cell Discovery Kit - A Review

I've made no secret of my love of the Stem Cell Super-Food Cleanser from Rodial. Given I was so impressed, naturally I was keen to get my mitts on more of the range to see if the rest of the products could live up to my expectations.
I recently spotted this Stem Cell Discovery Kit for the bargain price of £21.36 on QVC and instantly jumped at the opportunity. It includes all of the Super Food skincare products which are currently on offer, namely a cleanser, a balm, a facial oil and a day cream all of which have the beautiful rose smell which I've come to love. In addition, a discovery kit offers you the opportunity to get to grips with the products without splashing the cash on the full sizes.
Firstly, this kit is incredible value for money. The sizes are generous enough that they will last you at least a month thus meaning you have more than enough opportunity to ensure they are right for your skin.

Next, let's have a proper run through of what you get shall we?
  • Rodial Stem Cell Super-Food Cleanser - 50ml. I have harped on about this cleanser so much it's scary! As a quick recap, it's packed full of coconut oil, cocoa butter and rose hip seed oil (thus giving it the rose smell) which works to remove dirt, grime and make-up whilst softening and hydrating your skin. For a full review please click HERE. The full size pot is 200ml and costs £30 making this product alone worth £7.50.
  • Rodial Stem Cell Super-Food Facial Oil - 10ml. This facial oil is packed with vitamins A, B5, C and E which work together to nourish and hydrate the skin. This oil also helps with environmental stresses, a bonus when you're living in London as the pollution can really take it's toll on your skin leaving things looking a little grey. I've been using three drops of this on my face after toning in the evenings before using my usual moisturiser or the balm which is included in the kit (much like when using the Decleor oil/balm combination if that's how you roll). I have to say it leaves my skin feeling soft and looking dewy before I head to bed. When I wake up, it certainly looked a littler perkier than usual making this a keeper! The full size bottle is £60 for 30ml so the discovery size is worth £20.
  • Rodial Stem Cell Super-Food Glam Balm Multi - 10ml. Ok, now this is a wonder product which can literally be used in pretty much any beauty related way you can think of. You can use it as a night cream (my only use to date if I'm honest), a lip plumper, around the eyes to plump out fine lines, to remove stubborn mascara, as a make-up primer, to tame unruly brows etc, the list really does go on. Anyway, I am digressing, I used this in the evening on top of my moisturiser to give an extra hydration boost and as a bit of treat to my skin. Whilst this product certainly did the job, I'm more of a serum/moisturiser kind of girl. The full size is £35 for 40ml making this worth £8.75.
  • Rodial Stem Cell Super-Food Day Cream with SPF 15 - 20ml. This is an illuminating moisturiser with CC technology which reduces any signs of imperfections. It's formulated with fillers which optically enhance your skin tone, and again, work to protect and hydrate your skin. I'll be honest and say this is the only product within the kit which I've not had the chance to try yet because I've got 4 moisturisers on the go already but I have no reason to believe it'll be less than great!. The full size is £42 for 50ml so the discovery size is £16.80.
  • Muslin cloth - Obviously this will primarily be used to remove the cleanser but it can also be used to remove the balm if you've used this as a way to remove stubborn eye make-up. 
Everything within the kit does smell of rose so if you're not a rose fan, this may not be for you. Regular readers of my blog may recall that ALL of my perfumes have rose as the base note so this set is of course, right up my street. The Stem Cell Discovery Kit has a total value of over £53 so if you're interested in giving Rodial a go or indeed looking to invest in a good skin care range but you're not sure where to start, then this is an incredible way to go! 

Now excuse me while I dash off and order another set before they all sell out!

Have you used the Stem Cell Super-Food Range yet? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up.

    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say wonderful blog!



    Here is my website; Eyeluminous

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)