Monday, December 9, 2013

Murad Advanced Active Radiance Serum - A Review

I have a bit of a soft spot for the Murad products as they always seem to do exactly what they say on the tin. Their Essential-C/Environmental Shield range is ideal for those of us living in the city who need extra protection from pollutants and everyday stresses as it's designed to help renew your skin.
Like other serums, this is designed to be used on the skin after cleansing and toning. Texture wise, it's no different from most serums on the market and one pump is more than enough to cover your entire face. 
Firstly, the smell is wonderful and is exactly the kind of citrus scent you'd expect from a product packed with vitamin-c. They recommend giving the serum a minute to sink into your skin before applying your moisturiser; you'll know when it's time to moisturise as your skin will experience a slight tingle, which I suspect is due to the AHA's in there.

The website states that this will help boost collagen production (by up to 50 times more than topical vitamin-c), cell renewal, skin firmness and skin radiance by up to 63% in about 15 minutes. Now as I'm only 26, I cannot really comment on skin firmness or collagen as my skin is still fairly firm anyway. I'd like to say it looks nice and plump but perhaps that creates the wrong image?  

Radiance-wise I actually think this product delivers, my skin is glowing! Not only that, after only two-weeks of use every morning I think my skin is smoother and I reckon the tone itself is more even. I've had the confidence to head into work sans-foundation/tinted moisturiser and just a touch of concealer and I reckon that's saying something.

Now, lets talk turkey. This is normally £120 for 30ml from Murad directly so it's certainly not cheap. I was lucky enough to receive this as a GWP so didn't have to break out the plastic. Since then, I've also got my mitts on two 5ml samples as part of cheap and cheerful kits from Look Fantastic which contain a wide variety of Murad goodies, which would allow you to familiarise yourself with the range.  

If you're not sure then one of these kits is probably the best way to try out the product and see if it's for you. 5ml is more than enough to last you at least a month and would enable you to see the difference in your skin for yourself. From my understanding there are normal everyday women out there who LOVE this enough to have repeat purchased it on a number of occasions and it's even recommended for Brides to Be to help boost their skin on the run up to the big day.

Whilst I'm not flush on the cash front, I've got more than enough of this stuff to keep me going until my Birthday.  For now, Airport re-purchase anyone?

Have you used this serum before?  What did you think about the results?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)