Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday Tasties No.9

So another week has gone by, it's hard to believe that I've been at this for over 2-months now and I'm going from strength to strength.

Anyways, I should stop rambling and get on with it!  This recipe is quick and easy to do making it another dish which is ideal to do mid-week if you've got a heck of a lot on your plate.

Cajun Chicken with Sweetcorn and Radish Salsa

Like I say, this is quick and easy with a couple of cheats thrown in for good measure.  When it comes to harissa, it's all about personal preference.  I like mine with a bit of a kick and I've found the Tesco paste to be the perfect balance for me, Barts also do a good one with a little heat and good spice flavour.  I'm just putting it out there in case you'd like a little hint about where to go.  This serves 4, you'll need:
  • 4 chicken breasts, you can use these with either skin on or skin off, I tend to go for whatever is cheapest.
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Harissa Paste
  • 200g of quinoa (or bulgur wheat if like me, you didn't quite have enough quinoa *FAIL*)
  • Olive oil
  • 250ml of chicken stock, I find this adds more flavour to the quinoa, if you prefer you can just use water
  • Lemon juice
  • A small can of sweetcorn, drained
  • 2 radishes, sliced
  • One small red onion
  • One spring onion
  • Some coriander
  • Juice of one lime
So first things first, pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.

Season your chicken breasts, then rub the harissa paste all over them.  I quite like to pop some incisions in the top and rub the paste right in there.  Once this is done, they go in the oven for 20 minutes or until they're cooked through.  No pinks juices please guys, I don't want you getting ill!
While your chicken is in the oven, it's time to cook the quinoa.  I tend to toast mine off in a little oil first then add the stock, some salt and pepper and a little olive oil.  I then turn off the heat, stick the lid on and leave it to absorb all of the stock, the same applies with bulgur wheat.  If you need to, you can always put the heat on low until everything is absorbed.
Next, it's time to make the salsa.  Mix the sweetcorn, onions, radish, spring onion, some chopped coriander, olive oil and lime juice together.  Bish Bash Bosh, the salsa is done.  See, I told you it was easy.
Now it's time to plate this dish!

Quinoa/bulgur wheat on the bottom, beautifully cooked chicken goes on top, stick some salsa on the side and then it's time to scoff.
Hope you enjoy this one, it's a simple dish that ticks all of the right boxes, veggies, carbs and a generous dose of protein.  Yummy!

This was adapted from a recipe in James Duigans Clean & Lean Cookbook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)