Monday, November 25, 2013

REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask - Review

Yes, I am super obsessed with my acid based skin care.  If you're not invested yet, you really should be as it's much better at exfoliating and smoothing your skin than those products full of chunky and abrasive particles.

Today, I'm writing about the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask from REN which exfoliates the skin and helps to improve overall skin tone.  It even claims to help with the appearance of fine lines although I can't really comment on this front as I'm only 26 and I'm only really seeing lines around the eyes; this being the one area where you shouldn't take this mask!
For those who are fairly new to skin care, exfoliating is a vital step in your weekly routine. The emphasis being on weekly here; if you exfoliate every day you could damage your skin.  Exfoliation helps to remove the dead skin cells on your face revealing brighter and more radiant skin which is hiding underneath.  In addition, if your skin is looking quite congested, exfoliation and the use of masks will help to combat this problem so it's worth investing a little.

The idea here is you pop the mask onto cleansed skin and leave for 10 minutes before rinsing off with the enclosed cloth (handy eh?).  If you're new to acid based skin care, you might not be able to leave this on the skin for 10 minutes initially, but your skin will eventually build up a tolerance and you can increase the time it spends on your skin a little each time.
So, what did I think?

Well first of all, one pump of the orange goo is more than enough to do the entire face. As you can see it has quite a thick consistency but I can assure you it's nice and easy to move around as I am demonstrating below. It actually goes onto the skin clear.
The smell is amazing!  You really get a whiff of the papaya and citrus fruits; it smells a little like a fruity cocktail. There was a slight tingle, but I do use other masks which contain varying amount of acids around once a week so I imagine my skin is kind of used to it by now.
After the allotted 10 minutes I removed the mask with warm water and the enclosed cloth. I then toned, applied an eye cream and moisturised as normal and my skin felt lovely and soft and seemed to have a bit of a glow.  My skin was a tiny bit red post removal, so I know it was working away.

Overall this was a pleasant mask to use, it didn't agitate my skin to much either so I wouldn't hesitate to use this mid-week either.

Have you used the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask before?  How do you like to use it?







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)