Saturday, November 23, 2013

November Birchbox Review

As I am now back in the office (sort of) I was actually around to pick up my Birchbox when it arrived!  Cue the monthly discussion with fellow beauty addict Di about the contents of our respective boxes and what we're looking forward to trying most.
Moving on, the theme for this months box is Icons, as such, the little cards have a few words of wisdom from iconic women such as Diana Ross, Madonna and Anna Wintour as well as a fun card for you to complete with details of your icons. 
So, I'm sure what you all really want to know is what did I actually receive this month?  Well, as I am sure you can see from my picture above, this month is a really mixed bag of goodies ranging from herbal tea to a multi-tasking highlighting pencil.
  • Three sachets of Pukka Tea In three cinnamon, gorgeous earl grey and elderberry & echinacea all of which are organic.  Being a herbal tea fiend, these are right up my street.  I have seem them on the shelves in Waitrose a couple of times, but being a thrifty soul I like to wait for them to go on offer before indulging.  I'll look forward to trying these while I'm working from home as a nice alternative to tea or coffee.
  • English Laundry Signature for Her - 2ml This is an eau de parfum so there's no scrimping on quality here.  This is a delicate fragrance with notes of quince, jasmine and musk.  I've sprayed some on my wrists this morning and it's incredibly sweet, reminding me a little of Miss Dior or something by Marc Jacobs.
  • Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara - 0.2oz I couldn't see any indication of the equivalent in mls but I think you can tell it's a travel size.  This promises to be smudge free which is always a plus, nothing is worse than peeking in the mirror mid-afternoon and seeing black flecks over your face! This mascara helps to lengthen your lashes to give you a more wide eyed look. I love a good mascara so I can't wait to give this a go.
  • Weleda Replenishing Oat Shampoo -18ml This is a gentle formulation made with organic jojoba oil to help smooth your hair and reduce the chances of breakages making it ideal for the colder months. I'll be honest and admit I was a little disappointed with the size of this sample as I have very long hair so I'm not sure I will get many uses from such a diddy size. I'm looking forward to using it none the less.
  • Birchbox Pencil Sharpener Does what it says on the tin, it has two slots for both smaller and larger pencils.  As I didn't have one, I'm grateful to finally be able to pop one in my make-up bag.
  • Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter - 1.4g This helps to brighten and give added glow in numerous way. Birchbox have posted a video which shows 10 different ways to use this pencil which include highlighting your brow bone and using on the inner corners of your eye to make you seem more awake. I've had my eye on something similar by Benefit so this is a good opportunity to try this sort of product out to see if it works for me.
  • Matriskin Collagen Serum MP - 7.5ml Formulated with hyaluronic acid and numerous peptides to plump, regenerate and restructure your skin. I'm a big fan of acid based skincare at the moment (check out my post on this!) and given the hydrating benefits which come with using hyaluronic acid this is again, another ideal product to use during the winter when your skin has a tendency to become dehydrated.  I'll be using this in the evenings so I can (hopefully) wake up with glowing skin.
Overall a very mixed bag this month with some ideal winter goodies, some beauty staples and within your cards, some helpful beauty gift ideas.  Gentleman, take note!

Did you receive this months Birchbox?  What are you looking forward to using?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)